Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Whats mother's day gotta do with Mozart?

I write this for folks who haven't had great mothers, whose mothers let them down, who simply did not have great mothers. Right from the outset, let me put this out there: I have a great mother, a bundle of love and joy, very giving. So, it would be a lie if I say I understand what you have gone through in your childhood. I can imagine, and at best try to understand.

But, let me ask you a question: Have you ever fallen in love? Ever listened to music that spoke to your soul? Ever seen a beautiful sunrise, sunset? Ever experienced Spring season? Ever had dessert that left you in a world of ecstasy? Ever seen a ballet? Ever heard Mozart? Ever danced? Ever sung a song? Ever felt rain? …. Well without your mother you wouldn't have ever been able to experience all the little joys life has to offer. And, for that reason alone, you can be grateful to your mother.

May be she wasn't the best. May be she struggled with her own life while bringing you up. Or may be she just was not a great person and not a good mother. But, if you have ever experienced any of the joys mentioned above, then you owe it to your mother. For if not for her, you wouldn't be able to experience the magnificence of this planet and all the little joys it has to offer!

Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. It will help me improve my communication and content...plus it will encourage me! :-)