Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Let's stop war...



Watching made me realize something. I have worded my raw heart below, with the hope that it will help change one individual's heart and inspire him to say No to war and Yes to peace.

I dedicate this poem to all parents who have lost their child in war, all lovers who have lost their loved ones in war, all siblings who have lost their brother/sister in war...

What is war...
War is lack of peace,
People may think it is lack of peace between two nations, two governments,
No, it is the lack of peace between two individuals,
Between you and me...

Why does humans create war,
Lack of understanding?, lack of love,
Lack of knowing that we each our just love...pure love,
Lack of knowing what a mother feels to recieve her son's ashes,
Lack of how a father feels to see his son die,
Lack of knowing to see someones lover die in war,
How can we kill any human being, anything for that matter,
How do we manag to create war,
How do we even manage to think war

Love is all encompassing,
That is all our soul needs to know, to love,
Then how do we stay away from our basic form,
How do we manage to stay away from what is our basic nature,
How do we stay away from the light, our light,

May be because we are in illusion,
May be because we choose to stay in illusion,
May be because we don't go within,
May be because we choose not to see the light within us,
May be because we don't value life,
May be because we don't respect others,
May be because we don't respect ourselves.

Stop war, stop war, please, please stop war,
No body wants it, but still we create it,
Why?, please stop it, please...

How do we stop war,
By establishing peace within us first,
By establishing peace with our neighbours,
By establishing with people we like, we dislike,
By taking a vow, to say no to war, at all cost,
By taking a vow to say yes to peace,

Let there be peace always,
I vow from now on,
To never let my selfishness create lack of peace,
To never let my ego create lack of understanding,
To never let my inner darkness to create darkness without,
I resolve to stand up now,
I resolve to stand up to say...
...No to war, no to anger,
...No to discrimination,
...No to the concept of separateness,
...No to lack of respect...
...No to lack of understanding...

From now on I resolve to,
Respect each human life, each life,
I will respect earth, the ocean, the birds, the flowers, the bees,
I will respect you,
I will respect me.

Love is the only way to stop war,
Love is the only way to happiness,
Love is the only way to ever lasting peace,
Love is the only way against greed,

Understanding is the way to love,
I vow to choose to understand,
However challenging it may be,
I will choose to understand,
However difficult it be,
I will choose silence over ill-spoken words, over angry thoughts,

Let us all vow:
From this moment on:
I will be a Hero,
The suffering will stop with me,
From me will start love,
From me will start peace,
From me will start respect,
From me will start a new era, a new dawn,
From me will start everything I want to see in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. It will help me improve my communication and content...plus it will encourage me! :-)